KID smART is seeking highly qualified artist educators for our 2015-2016 year-long, collaborative, i
KID smART is an arts education organization that works with the arts to engage children in learning. KID smART teaching artists are professional artists who are skilled, experienced and dedicated teachers. Our teaching artists are committed to being active participants in the community, seek ongoing development as artist educators, plan and provide progressive and rigorous instruction in arts integration.
Description: After-School/ Enrichment programs take place in schools and focus on instruction in a variety of arts forms.
• Commitment to program, goals, and purpose
• Artistic excellence and facility with an artistic medium
• Experience working with youth populations
• Strong communication and support skills
• Seek constant improvement through reflection and feedback
• Positive attitude and respect for the culture of the children and their ability to learn
Duties: Afterschool/ Enrichment artists will be responsible for leading arts focused classes with students on and afterschool/ enrichment basis. Classes should foster growth in the arts and create a safe and creative environment.
Time Frame: 2-4 hours per day, 2 -4 days per week plus additional meetings and trainings
Collaborative Artist Residencies
Description: Collaborative Artist Residencies are one of the core components of our programs. Residencies focus on arts integration- linking the arts with existing academic curriculum. These school-year long residencies take place during the school day, in partnership with classroom teachers.
Qualifications for Afterschool and
• Experience with teaching in collaborative residencies, particularly with children of poverty
• Proven knowledge of curriculum construction, implementation and documentation
• Ability to conceptualize and carry out instruction and work as a partner teacher
• Fluency in arts integration and ability to co-plan with teachers to organize and present cogent units of instruction.
Duties: Collaborative Residency Artists will be responsible for co-planning and co-teaching curriculum with classroom teacher partners to instruct children from grades pre K-8, in the arts and academics. Instruction must be creative and intensive and carried out with artistic integrity.
Time Frame: 10-20 hours per week for the full school year plus additional meetings and trainings
SUBMISSION PROCEDURES: Send brief letter of interest stating relevant qualifications and experience together with resume, one original lesson plan, and optional 3-5 photos of personal and student work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline is close of business on June 8, 2015.